Monday, November 8, 2010

Waxahachie Update

In my last post, I highlighted the condition of a World War Two memorial just outside of Waxahachie, Texas on the US 77 south of town. Well, as promised, I wrote the City Manager and the Editor of the local paper, the Waxahachie Daily Light about the memorials condition.

Just today I received very positive responses from both the City and the newspaper. It seems my note came too late. In the week since we were there, someone had stepped up, cleaned and spruced up the site in time for Waxahachie's Veterans Weekend Celebration. Mr. Pike, the Editor of the Light even enclosed some recent photos one of their readers sent in. They added they were doing a story on the memorial as part of their Veterans Weekend coverage. Kudos to the mystery landscaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment